A new building for the Home of Legionnaire (La Maison du légionnaire) was built in Auriol. The new building was named after Roux de Bezieux, a former legionnaire and a main donor. An inaugural ceremony took place on March 31, 2015.
The Home of Legionnaire is a home for the unmarried former legionnaires, who are physically fit and able to pay the accommodation. The original Maison du légionnaire of Auriol was established by the Legion’s famous officer and its first commander, General Rollet (called “Father of the Legion”), in 1934. Auriol is located about 10 km north-east of Aubagne, the garrison of the 1er RE.