The GPLEM is an acronym of a very little-known independent motorized infantry unit of the French Foreign Legion, the Moroccan Foreign Legion Motorized Group. The group served in Morocco (Africa) for 10 years, after the end of World War II. The GPLEM originated in the autonomous mounted and motorized Legion units being left in Morocco in 1943, while Legion infantry regiments were disbanded and its legionnaires formed the Foreign Legion Regimental Combat Team (RMLE) in Algeria, for the purpose of joining the fights in Europe. See the GPLEM history & images.
To see the history & images of GPLEM, click the link or image below.